"Remember to Live, Laugh and Love"

All images and writings are copywritten by Daniele Sharpe unless stated othewise.



Sunday, February 7, 2010

Reflections

How often do you stop to reflect on what you are seeing? When I learned to see through my new photography eyes, I was able to see the beauty in nature through a new perspective. I had never noticed before how water can create a beautiful reflection of a scene the way I do now. You don't have to travel great distances to reflect on this new perspective, you can look right outside your window in your own back yard. For example, this above picture was taken in my backyard in my small water pond. I didn't even have to leave my property to appreciate the beauty in nature.

The pictures below are from a state park located about 15 mins away from me. I have lived in the same place for almost 10 years and had never visited this park until this fall. Which is very interesting considering many families plan extended vacations and camping trips to this park. I was looking for a local place to take a few photos and observe some wild life with my children when we drove by a sign to the park. I thought "Why not?". We had a great time, saw a lot of bird species, frogs, turtles and some fish. Another great example of taken for granted what is right around you.





As I began to notice reflections, I would point them out to my children. This time they pointed one out to me. We were spending some time exploring the beach in the fall, and my son happened to turn around and notice the cloud formations in the sky. My daughter noticed that after the wave went back in the reflection of the clouds was created on the sand. This was the first time that I had every paid attention to this. I can't wait for it to warm up a little so I can get back to the beach to see what else I have always taken for granted.


No comments:

Post a Comment