"Remember to Live, Laugh and Love"

All images and writings are copywritten by Daniele Sharpe unless stated othewise.



Wednesday, February 3, 2010

The Grass is always Greener


It's funny how we think we have to travel great distances to see amazing sites. We often forget what is right in our own back yard or state. I was able to take in so many beautiful sights in NH during a day trips to the White Mountains. Even thought they are located only a few hours away from me by car, I had almost forgot about them until I discovered photography. I am so happy that I rediscovered them and all their beauty. I am looking forward getting a little more off the beaten trail and doing some hiking this summer to gain more of an appreciation of them.


My first time to the top of Mt. Washington, and I have only live here for 30+ years! I'm glad that when I finally did go to the top, I was able to appreciate everything I was seeing through my new appreciation for what is around me. This is the Cog Rail that will take you to the top. We did the auto road, which I don't recommend for anyone who is afraid of heights, but it certainly is an unforgettable experience for those who are courageous enough. Especially when you slowly pass the tree line. My kids couldn't get over the fact that trees stop growing at a certain altitude. From the bottom the mountains it looks like they have trees all the way to the top. Talk about hands on learning!


This is the end of the Cog Rail at the top of the mountain. Notice the chains on the building. They actually go completely over the building to hold it down in the 200 mph winds they get at the top! Glad it was a clear, calm day when we went!



This is a small waterfall at the Lost River. Another great place I recommend to take in the beauty of the mountains. There are so many places I have yet to discover. I am mapping out my game plan for this summer already!

No comments:

Post a Comment