"Remember to Live, Laugh and Love"

All images and writings are copywritten by Daniele Sharpe unless stated othewise.



Friday, June 17, 2011

Dramatic Waterfalls are Not Just for Exotic Places


My family and I recently took a day trip to Crawford Notch in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. I had researched the location of some waterfalls in the area and decided to hike one of the trails to one of the waterfalls. The hike to the falls was very family friendly. My 8 yr old and 12 yr old had no problem hiking the 1.5 miles. They enjoyed going over the railroad tracks and then discovering all kinds of native plants and trees. We came across a few smaller waterfalls on the way too. We had never been here before and you could imagine our surprise as we turned the corner of the trail and came to this beautiful and enormous waterfall. My children were awe struck and my 8 yr old even said to me "I thought there were only waterfalls like that in Hawaii!". He wanted to make sure I took lots of pictures (of course) so that he could show his classmates at school. I encourage you to research what natural elements are in your area and take some time to go enjoy one!






No comments:

Post a Comment